Thread: Defying precision

Default Defying precision

The infamous, loved and hated, Chinese B3-1 underlever spring-piston rifle. A stock the quality of old pallet wood stained a hideous color with clear coat drippings. Garage guns. I've owned it for years and have had the thing apart a number of times trying to give it every advantage I could, and replacing the broken plastic spring guide using a wood dowel. I cut both useless sights off with a die grinder; the rear sight was welded into place by someone with a severe and painful hangover. It wouldn't group, yet I'd read more than enough comments about how accurate they are. But it wasn't until last night that I thought to re-crown the muzzle. Now, this reptile age gun with its more than acceptable trigger and a snappy firing cycle, is accurate. Shooting from only 8m with my left hand upturned on a comfortable surface, 10 shots using RWS Basics. If it weren't for the one low shot, it was one hole. RC

Last edited by RC1947; 09-10-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Default Re: Defying precision

Quote Originally Posted by RC1947 View Post
    The infamous, loved and hated, Chinese B3-1 underlever spring-piston rifle. A stock the quality of old pallet wood stained a hideous color with clear coat drippings. Garage guns. I've owned it for years and have had the thing apart a number of times trying to give it every advantage I could, and replacing the broken plastic spring guide using a wood dowel. I cut both useless sights off with a die grinder; the rear sight was welded into place by someone with a severe and painful hangover. It wouldn't group, yet I'd read more than enough comments about how accurate they are. But it wasn't until last night that I thought to re-crown the muzzle. Now, this reptile age gun with its more than acceptable trigger and a snappy firing cycle, is accurate. Shooting from only 8m with my left hand upturned on a comfortable surface, 10 shots using RWS Basics. If it weren't for the one low shot, it was one hole. RC

Here's mine I built , custom peepsite I fabricated up , 11* target crown , these little gems can x-ring at ten Meters just fine ;-)
    Careful letting a gunsmith with nothing but time on her hands trick out all the rifles and pistols I own , Shi$ into Shinola here :-)
    That is the original wood stock , HIGHLY MODIFIED :-)

20170910_155234.jpg

20170910_155053.jpg
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Loving that accuracy RC , mine was same , killed a thousand poker chips with it at least :-)
    My Pachymar recoil pad cost more than the rifle :-)20170910_155053.jpg
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Excellent work. RC

Excellent work. RC
    Why thank you kindly :-)
    Probably the best bang for your buck for a child out there , $20 out of a Tractor Trailer Sale on the side of the road in 2000 is where I bought mine , giggles .
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Same way of marketing here; guy with a trailer-truck load of inexpensive tools, machinery... and $39 air rifles. Mine is only about 5 years old. Easy project gun with some parts available. I've kept a spare spring. RC