Thread: Hill Pump got here yay

Default Hill Pump got here yay

I know I have a case of airgun sickness , as no normal person should get excited to get a new Hill Pump , but I am !

20170811_153133.jpg
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Default Re: Hill Pump got here yay

From my limited experience of helping a friend pump his pcp with a hand pump once, you can cancel your membership at the gym if you shoot a lot!!!

Also, the air rifle taken West by Lewis & Clark was pumped with a hand pump that had a plate that the pumper put against his chest with the other end held against a tree. 1500 pumps was the normal according to those who wrote about it. Since it was an Army expedition, you know that Private Fudd got the job!!!

Have a great time!!!
    Dave Thomas

Shoot safe. shoot straight, have fun
    Teach a kid to shoot

RWS54, 4.5mm, RWS 4-12x50CI
    FWB300SU, 4.5mm, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32

Quote Originally Posted by dtdtdtdt View Post
    From my limited experience of helping a friend pump his pcp with a hand pump once, you can cancel your membership at the gym if you shoot a lot!!!

Also, the air rifle taken West by Lewis & Clark was pumped with a hand pump that had a plate that the pumper put against his chest with the other end held against a tree. 1500 pumps was the normal according to those who wrote about it. Since it was an Army expedition, you know that Private Fudd got the job!!!

Have a great time!!!
    Not sure how many shots you take killing , but I only take one ;-)
    I walk 7 miles a day , no drink no drug , fit as a fittle hun :-)
    Yes , I'm well versed on Meriweather and Rifles . :-)
    Cheers Dear
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Guy on a pistol forum who had bought really nice pcp rifle and whose thread I followed also picked up a quality pump. He was hot rodding it, the rifle, and some of the videos he posted were failures, like pumping it up to the required pressure, and leaking all the air on the first shot. He finally got it to do what he wanted, and would take 71 pumps for 3 good shots. Yes, he eventually bought a compressor. At the time, he was a Marine on active duty. Happy pumping, I know you'll make the most of it. RC

From 180 to 190 BAR isn't that hard with my pump .
    My shot string from 200 to 180 on 7 rounds yeilds the most consistency for shots 3 thru 6 , all at and under the 190 .
    Game on .
    Allot of shi$ talkers here , but congratulations on your fine rifle & pump , good lord .
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

No, just having a bit of fun with, hopefully, no harm done. RC

geez! Just having fun with you guys... My friend was starting at dead empty. That took a bit.

Re the Lewis & Clark rifle. The only thing it was used for was impressing local politicians both of St. Louis and the various tribes. Closest they came to killing anything was a St. Louis politican discharged it and put a ball through a lady's hat... No harm except to the hat.

Have a great time with your new toy!!!
    Dave Thomas

Shoot safe. shoot straight, have fun
    Teach a kid to shoot

RWS54, 4.5mm, RWS 4-12x50CI
    FWB300SU, 4.5mm, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32