Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to the Dark Side , Evanix Purchase

Default Went to the Dark Side , Evanix Purchase

My new Evanix Sniper Carbine is on its way :-)
    .357 Cal. with all the goodies .
    Even bought a new Hill Pump .
    Ordered from Brownell's an adjustable Morgan recoil pad, leather Latigo Sling in matte black , AR-15 DPMS Panther adjustable pistol grip too .
    Bought a Match Grade AR-15 front sight & Rear National Match Carry Handle rear sight too .
    Ton of Piccatinny rails to mount a bunch of my goodies , all in QD so I can throw my scope on quickly too .
    Plan in keeping the iron sights on for in the house protection , figure 7 rounds of .357 outa get the job
    done:-)
    I bought a decent etched glass Swat Scope with SF , all to be mounted QD so I can swap out irons for glass in seconds .
    Got $2,583.00 into the setup without gunsmithing work by me to install and fabricate everything . Guessing 3 hours to get it all correct and shooting ?
    The only PCP I have other than this is my very lonely Hatsan AT44 LONG in Walnut .25..
    Hopefully the Evanix purchase will inspire me to get the Hatsan out to shoot now too :-)
    Did buy several boxes of bullets , from 81 gr. to 127 gr. and trying everything from HP's to Flat Points to see what this beast can do :-)
    Fun fun fun ! Will have pics of the finished rifle soon as it gets here and the build is done , its gonna look and be a menacing gun ;-)
    20170721_042046.jpg
    Last edited by Kelly; 07-21-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: I wish I could spell ! :-)
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Default Re: Went to the Dark Side , Evanix Purchase

Congrats, but that's a lot of cash for an air rifle. RC

Quote Originally Posted by RC1947 View Post
    Congrats, but that's a lot of cash for an air rifle. RC
    Is it allot for a fabulous PCP ? Any decent Ten Meter air rifle starts at $3,000 :-) I suppose you haven't priced FX , LOGUN , or the others RC , most are between $1,000 and $2,000 , without scopes , rings , slings , ammo , air source , so mine in just typical , especially as well dressed and combat functional as it will be :-)
    Thanks , and I got more into add ons than the base rifle , giggles , it doesn't come with sights , air source , ammo either . I want to hunt Piggies here too , so its gotta be right as rain with all the Tactical stuff I got for it , as most any of my shots will be well under 50 yards and in dence forest .
    Plus , it will look cool , highly important to me after performance ;-)
    Cheerios , hell , I've always wanted this model , and money dropped in my lap , burp and gone :-)
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

You're correct in that I have little interest, or knowledge of the pricing of pcp airguns, just an old dinosaur thrilled with springers. "Burp and gone" indeed. I will be looking forward to seeing it after you've completed the work. RC

Hope you bought the rifle from Craig!
    Dave Thomas

Shoot safe. shoot straight, have fun
    Teach a kid to shoot

RWS54, 4.5mm, RWS 4-12x50CI
    FWB300SU, 4.5mm, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32

Quote Originally Posted by dtdtdtdt View Post
    Hope you bought the rifle from Craig!
    Nope , they dont stock um , or ANY of the supplies I needed , Sans maybe a Hill Pump .
    I've bought MANY MANY MANY guns from Kevin and Craig , so they get my business , just not all of it .
    I dont need to buy strictly from them to be in this forum either .
    Pro Sport AA
    TX AA
    HW97
    Weirauch 50
    RWS Air King
    Cometa Fusion Ultra Walnut
    Webley BlackHawk .

I do my part :-) Not to mention Scopes , mounts , rings , blah blah blah .
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

My thoughts exactly. When I can, I will buy here, and always am glad I did. Quality products. Never a problem. RC

Quote Originally Posted by RC1947 View Post
    You're correct in that I have little interest, or knowledge of the pricing of pcp airguns, just an old dinosaur thrilled with springers. "Burp and gone" indeed. I will be looking forward to seeing it after you've completed the work. RC
    RC my friend , I hear ya on the Springers , also my favorite guns :-)
    But , I have wanted another Big Bore since I sold off my Sam Yang .44 .....
    I've all but gave up shooting powder guns altogether , the amazing collection just sits , and sits , oh , and sits :-)
    I love performance guns , good looks , excellent quality , excellent function too , and this particular model has always captured my eye being ex ROTC .
    BLACK GUNS thrill me to no end ;-)
    And this one will put a .357 chunk of 81 gr. out at what your HW97 will , so thats serious hurting on a Hog :-)
    Cheerios
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Gosh! I was just curious if they carried them. I wasn't being critical!! I buy from SS as often as their products meet my desires (blew past need a LONG time ago.)
    Dave Thomas

Shoot safe. shoot straight, have fun
    Teach a kid to shoot

RWS54, 4.5mm, RWS 4-12x50CI
    FWB300SU, 4.5mm, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32

Quote Originally Posted by dtdtdtdt View Post
    Gosh! I was just curious if they carried them. I wasn't being critical!! I buy from SS as often as their products meet my desires (blew past need a LONG time ago.)

No worries mate , I wasn't being critical either :-)
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith