Thread: Air Arms Pellets

Default Air Arms Pellets

I have added the Air Arms Diabolo Field and Diabolo Field Heavy .177 caliber and Air Arms Diabolo Field and Diabolo Field Heavy .22 caliber pellets to the line up of pellet offerings. I would be very interested in what your take on the pellets is when compared to the JSB Exact pellets.

If you have any first hand experience comparing these two pellets brands in the same rifle how about posting and letting us know. The caliber and model of rifle would be very useful information along with your comparisons of the pellets.

I look forward to reading your take on these two brands.
    Craig
    Straightshooters.com

Default Re: Air Arms Pellets

I ordered one each of the pellets in .177 which I'll compare to H&N FTTs and JSB Exacts. I'll use a couple of rifles and a Beeman P-1 pistol that shoots well with FTTs and Exacts (8.44 gr). RC

I have shot them extensively in my HW30s & HW50s .177 cal. rifles and the 8.4 Diabolo Field version has proved consistently more accurate than the similar JSB's. Not sure why, but it is true after 3 or for tins. Previously the JSB's were my choice.

Dan
    HW30S Laminate .177, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32AO, John-N-PA full tune
    RWS48 .22, UTG 3-9x40AO RI
    HW30S .177, Hawke Vantage IR 3-9x40AO, John-N-PA full tune
    HW50S .177, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32AO, John-N-PA full tune
    Beeman R9 .177, Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. From what I am reading the Air Arms pellets may be a contender for many guns.
    Craig
    Straightshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Craig P View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. From what I am reading the Air Arms pellets may be a contender for many guns.
    For sure !

Dan
    HW30S Laminate .177, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32AO, John-N-PA full tune
    RWS48 .22, UTG 3-9x40AO RI
    HW30S .177, Hawke Vantage IR 3-9x40AO, John-N-PA full tune
    HW50S .177, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32AO, John-N-PA full tune
    Beeman R9 .177, Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44

If you take an Air Arms and JSB pellet and look at them with magnification, it seems that they are both made in the same factory, but what really sticks out is the quality of the finish on the skirt; the AA is much cleaner, with a somewhat polished appearance as compared to the JSB. In the two springer pistols (Beeman P-11/P-5) I compared the JSB to the Air Arms (both 8.44gr), shooting groups from 8m, the AA's excelled, particularly in the P-11. Using my Norica Black Eagle rifle, chronied @ 886 fps with the JSBs, I found it was about equal as for the accuracy of both pellets, but the AA Heavy pellets had the edge over the lighter pair. Impressive pellets. Glad I tried them. RC

Quote Originally Posted by Craig P View Post
    I have added the Air Arms Diabolo Field and Diabolo Field Heavy .177 caliber and Air Arms Diabolo Field and Diabolo Field Heavy .22 caliber pellets to the line up of pellet offerings. I would be very interested in what your take on the pellets is when compared to the JSB Exact pellets.

If you have any first hand experience comparing these two pellets brands in the same rifle how about posting and letting us know. The caliber and model of rifle would be very useful information along with your comparisons of the pellets.

I look forward to reading your take on these two brands.
    I have a FWB 124 that shoots most pellets very well. Most will shoot 1" @ 25 yds but I have narrowed it to the 3 most accurate in my gun and with my ability, which says a lot for the 3 pellets, since I am about to have cataract surgery on both eyes and am almost 80.
    The 3 are CPHP 8.3-- JSB 8.4 and AA 8.4.
    I can consistently put AA's in less than 1/2" @ 25 yds and have just had a 5 shot group that was .24.
    So I will be using them from now on.
    PS-- the head size, as stated on the tin is 4.52 and the velocity is 817 avg. and the SD was 2.75.
    Keep up the good work and info. Don

Welcome to the forum, Pops. RC