Thread: Another mod on Black Eagle

Default Another mod on Black Eagle

The problematic sound suppressor had to go. I really don't get why a springer would have these things anyway, since it's not shooting supersonic, and the bulk of the noise comes from the spring. The barrel was pretty dirty, yet every time I ran a patch through the barrel the patch would get entangled in the baffling. I had to tie, with thread, the patch to the jag, push it through the barrel, remove the jag so I could pull the rod back through the bore, tie on another patch... . I sent a message to Norica asking how the suppressor was attached (heat), and how I might remove it (break it). In the labor intensive process of doing so I gained a, not very loving, respect for the toughness of the plastic the thing was made of. And, yes, there was the predictable amount of blood involved, along with some choice words. I had a steel muzzle brake which I J-B Welded in place, shortening the overall length of the gun about 4". Here are before and after shots. Can't see it, but in the lower pic the barrel is much cleaner - what a PITA! I also changed the scope to a 6X Bugbuster, my preferred magnification for target shooting. RC

Default Re: Another mod on Black Eagle

A 20 shot group from 8m rested. It likes this pellet. RC