Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin & Craig , best wishes on your Move

Default Kevin & Craig , best wishes on your Move

Best wishes on your Move to Arkansas , hope all goes well and greener grasses too .
    Last edited by Kelly; 03-20-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    Good Day , Kelly
    KB CUSTOM-Gunsmith

Default Re: Kevin & Craig , best wishes on your Move

Must've missed that announcement. Talk about moving from the pan to the fire. Bring plenty of sunblock, but generally no need for a mower - what green grasses? RC

Craig is moving to Arkansas not Arizona. I am retiring and staying in Minnesota. Fishing is much better up here in the hinterland.
    Kevin
    straightshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Craig is moving to Arkansas not Arizona. I am retiring and staying in Minnesota. Fishing is much better up here in the hinterland.
    You guys never aged in my mind. Happy fishing.

When you get tired of that, there's always FT.

Knobs

When is all this happening? RC

Does this mean Straightshooters is folding? Did you sell the business or what???

Anyway, good luck is retirement. The advice I have to give is to "learn to be less efficient!!"
    Dave Thomas

Shoot safe. shoot straight, have fun
    Teach a kid to shoot

RWS54, 4.5mm, RWS 4-12x50CI
    FWB300SU, 4.5mm, Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32

Found the note about the changes at Straightshooters - whew!!! Kevin: Good luck in retirement and carry on CRAIG!!!

Note from December 2016
    "

"To All,

Received an email yesterday from a gentleman who mentioned that he had read (or heard) that Straight Shooters was closing up and going out of business. I'd like to put that rumor to bed. Straight Shooters is NOT going out of business.
    Although there will be some changes this spring. I (Kevin) am retiring at the end of March, 2017. 20 years is enough and at 66 I have other things to do. Craig, on the other hand, is only 57 and has decided to keep Straight Shooters
    going on his own. However, he and his wife are moving from here (Minnesota) to Arkansas so he'll move the operation down there and continue on as we always have. So if you happen to hear that we are closing up, please pass on the word
    that it isn't true. Craig might and I emphasize might, decided to carry a few less products in terms of scopes, pellets etc than we have up until now but other than that, everything will be the same.
    So hopefully, this rumor gets corrected over the next month or so."
    Dave Thomas

Teach a kid to shoot

dtdtdtdt
    This is still true. And I can add a bit to it as well. Moving is a massive undertaking as many people know. And moving the business is going to require that at some point we'll have to quit taking orders for a week or two
    so Craig and get all the inventory and equipment moved to Arkansas, set it back up and be ready to go again. Right now it looks like we will continue taking orders through the end of this week which means through Sunday,
    March 26th. Then, we'll have to use that last week in March to shut down the servers and wrap up all the inventory for the movers. So we won't be doing business that last week of March. Unfortunately without the servers up and
    running, it's impossible to do so. The movers will be picking up ALL the business and household items on April 3rd and will head for Craig's new place in Arkansas. Craig and Pris will leave for Arkansas on April 4th. It will likely take a week or so
    for Craig to get set up to open up again. Once the computers and servers are plugged in, booted up and running, he can get it going again. The site will then have the new address and phone numbers. It's a lot of stuff to take down and move and
    we've been working on it between phone calls and on-line orders for a couple weeks now. So you are correct....Straight Shooters is NOT going out of business, just moving to a new location (without me, of course). I'm going fishing.
    So if any of you read this, please pass the word along if you see a different message elsewhere. Craig has already made arrangements for the new phones and internet lines in Arkansas so they'll be installed and ready to connect when he gets there.
    Once that's done and the servers and computers are up and running, he can be unpacking inventory as he goes along AND filling orders. All items are inventoried, boxed and marked so he knows where to lay hands on them until they are all unpacked.
    Hope this helps
    Kevin
    straightshooters.com

Having moved home 11 times in about 30 years, I can attest to the difficulty!

I hope it goes as you plan. It is my experience that MOTHER NATURE is not a friend so something will go wrong somewhere,

Anyway - good luck. I'll be looking for you back up and running soon.
    Dave Thomas

Teach a kid to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Kevin & Craig,

Sorry to see you are splitting up. Hope it goes well for both of you. I have enjoyed dealing with both of you through the years and look forward to continuing. Where will Straight-Shooters be relocating in Arkansas?

Best wishes,

Pat
    FireMarshal